Monday, February 23, 2009

My Holidays

"Hey Leoden, we're going now!" my Dad said. In the holiday's, we went to Cambridge. Its near Hamilton. My family and I travelled there by car. It took about one hour or so. We went there so that my brother Latham could compete in a sport called Waka Ama. This took place at Lake Karapiro. It was on Maori TV.

Man, there was heaps of food there and the food was nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily there were ice blocks there too because I really felt like an ice cube melting in a oven watching my brother and his team paddle.

My brother's team challenged heaps of opponents and they just made it into the finals. I was jumping up and down like I had a sugar rush because it was so close. They were leading all the way and then ran out of puff. They came 8th in whole of NZ. Thats better than nothing.

1 comment:

jordan said...

Hi Leoden you are right
there was nice food there
Its me jordan Iwas in the boat to .